Terms & Conditions
Welcome to The Norwegian Foodstore!
These terms and conditions outline the rules and regulations for the use of The Norwegian Foodstore’s Website and purchases done at our online store.
The Norwegian Foodstore is located at:
By accessing this website we assume you accept these terms and conditions in full. Do not continue to use The Norwegian Foodstore’s website if you do not accept all of the terms and conditions stated on this page.
The following terminology applies to these Terms and Conditions, Privacy Statement and Disclaimer Notice and any or all Agreements: “Customer”, “Client”, “You” and “Your” refers to you, the person accessing this website and accepting the Company’s terms and conditions. “The Company”, “Ourselves”, “We”, “Our” and “Us”, refers to our Company. “Party”, “Parties”, or “Us”, refers to both the Client and ourselves, or either the Client or ourselves. All terms refer to the offer, acceptance and consideration of payment necessary to undertake the process of our assistance to the Client in the most appropriate manner, whether by formal meetings of a fixed duration, or any other means, for the express purpose of meeting the Client’s needs in respect of provision of the Company’s stated services/products, in accordance with and subject to, prevailing law of Norway. Any use of the above terminology or other words in the singular, plural, capitalisation and/or he/she or they, are taken as interchangeable and therefore as referring to same.
When you place an order at Norwegian Foodstore, it is you as the importer (customer / recipient) who has responsibility to ensure that the product in your order can be legally imported into the destination country, before placing any orders. Norwegian Foodstore is an exporter from Norway.
Those receiving international shipments may encounter import taxes, fees, and customs duties, collectively referred to as Import Fees. These are imposed by the customs office at the shipping destination and can vary based on the customs regulations of that country. Factors influencing Import Fee calculations include:
1. Product category and price
2. Shipping costs and package weight
3. Customs clearance channel
4. Import taxes determined by custom duty amounts
Customs policies differ among countries, and some may exempt shipments below a certain value from Import Fees. To get detailed information, reach out to the customs office of your destination country / state.
To streamline the customs clearance process for our products, you'll notice either Import Fees or Import Charges during checkout for eligible destinations.
Please be aware, if shipment is returned to us, due to customs regulations or failure to pay customs and duty, shipping to and from destination country is paid by customer, and will be deducted from a potential refund of product value. Shipping is non refundable.
As the recipient, you are the importer of record and must adhere to all relevant laws and regulations of the destination country. Customs delays might impact the initially estimated delivery times.
Note: In certain countries or regions, customs offices may demand the importer of record to provide identification, such as a Passport, Personal number or Tax ID, before releasing a shipment. Always write your telephone number and e-mail when ordering, so that customs or transporter may get in touch with you promptly.
Seizure of goods, destruction of goods or return of goods
The customs authorities in the country of arrival can seize goods pending documentation from the importer (recipient / customer), send the seized goods for destruction or send the goods back to the sender. Read more about this in the following paragraphs:
Seizure of goods and communication with customs
If the customs authorities seize goods and ask the recipient for the necessary import documentation, the importer (recipient / customer) is responsible for promptly providing the correct information to the customs authorities. Norwegian Foodstore (exporter) is not responsible for importing the goods, and no refunds are available for seizures.
Destuction of goods
If customs destroys goods because the goods are not permitted for import, the importer (recipient / customer) must take full financial responsibility for this loss.
Norwegian Foodstore is an worldwide exporter, and is not familiar with each country's current import rules. This must therefore be checked by the importer (customer) BEFORE ordering. Norwegian Foodstore (exporter) is not responsible for importing the goods, and no refunds are available for destruction of goods by customs authorities.
Return the order
If the customs authorities reject the order and return it to the sender, we will reimburse you for the products that are in good condition - minus - the shipping costs to and from your destination.
To shop with us you must be at least 18 years of age. If customer buys a product with an age limit, customer must provide proof of age, before the products are shipped, or to the delivery service upon delivery.
Errors with orders
If there is anything wrong with your order before shipment, contact us immediately via telephone to our phone number found at the bottom of our website. All other questions contact us via email. You will receive confirmation regarding your order.
Read product descriptions and ingredients
Always read the full description of the product - before ordering, also check that the product and the order are correct according to your wishes. Also double check the ingredients before using the products if you have any known allergies or if you are serving the food to other people, whether they have known allergies or not. Norwegian Foodstore is not responsible for any damages that may occur.
We recommend using Google's translator app, which can translate the ingredient lists on the products using one camera on a smart phone. Search for the app in your app store.
High temperatures - Heat notice!
Do not order products that are sensitive to high or low temperatures – if you live in an hot or cold location. Most products are meant to be stored in 18 – 22 celicius (68 – 71 fahrenheit). Norwegian Foodstore is not responsible for products melted or otherwise damaged by heat or cold, outside the temperature range stated.
If you buy a product that can be shipped at room temperature, but otherwise is in need of refrigeration, such as brown cheese, mayonnaise and cheese in a tube, cool products down completely before consuming and keep refrigerated.
Please do not have packages left outside your house – we cannot replace packages that are stolen or damaged due to have been left without supervision. If you still wish to do so - it is at recipient / customers own risk.
Our packages are sent through DHL Express. With DHL Express you can see the packages location as its underway, If you choose Economy shipment (only available in eligible regions) you cannot track your shipment.
Orders are shipped normally within 1-5 business days upon ordering.
Packages sent with DHL Express normally arrives to most customers within 2 - 7 business days, but it might take longer to certain areas. This is not including any holdups in customs.
Always accept packages from our delivery company. If there are any visible faults with the package / products - we can fix it after recipient / customer recieving the shipment.
We are not responsible for packages left unnatended, or placed outside of your delivery adress. DHL offers proof of delivery and recipient (customer) will be notified of delivery and can make arrangement with DHL on how the delivery will take place. Delivery is between DHL and our customers, and we are not liable if recipient/customer chooses for their parcel to be left on doorstep, or outside of residence without signature.
We accept the payment options that are available at checkout at any given time. Some payment solutions will carry extra fees, and this is specified during checkout if applicable.
Regarding refunds – Refunds are always given back in NOK (Norwegian kroner) to the payment type upon ordering. The exchange rate may have changed either up or down since you ordered the goods, and any loss or gain from this is the customer's responsibility.
The customer can be charged fees by the payment providers, and are responsible for payment of these fees, usually deducted from their refund amount. These fees are normally currency conversion fees, and are non refundable from Norwegian Foodstore.
Within 30 days: If a customer wishes to return the unopened/unused products, contact our customer service department, before sending any return shipments. The customer must pay shipping for the products to arrive safely – first then a refund for the products will be issued. Shipping to and from recipient will not be refunded. Same conditions apply if shipments are returned due to local customs rejections of shipment, or due to reciepients lack of payment of duties or taxes.
If your product is broken or has faults due to shipping or handling, we will issue a full or partial refund for the products damaged – customer must provide photos of the faults, damages etc.
Alternatively, the customer can receive a voucher, which the customer can use on their next purchase at Norwegian Foodstore, instead of a payout to their card.
All prices at Norwegian Foodstore are originally stated in NOK (Norwegian kroner). It is possible to show estimates in other currencies on the pages, and these can only be considered estimates.
There may be differences in prices on our pages, in the different global markets. Using a VPN, or being in a different country than the one you are ordering to, can show the wrong pricing on our online store. It is always the price at checkout, after you have entered the delivery address, the current correct prices will be shown in the summary.
If you have any questions about our pricing, these must be addressed to customer service before you order the goods.
Unless otherwise stated, The Norwegian Foodstore and/or it’s licensors own the intellectual property rights for all material on The Norwegian Foodstore All intellectual property rights are reserved. You may view and/or print pages from https://www.norwegianfoodstore.com for your own personal use subject to restrictions set in these terms and conditions.
You must not:
- Republish material from https://www.norwegianfoodstore.com
- Sell, rent or sub-license material from https://www.norwegianfoodstore.com
- Reproduce, duplicate or copy material from https://www.norwegianfoodstore.com
Redistribute content from The Norwegian Foodstore (unless content is specifically made for redistribution).
- This Agreement shall begin on the date hereof.
- Certain parts of this website offer the opportunity for users to post and exchange opinions, information, material and data (‘Comments’) in areas of the website. The Norwegian Foodstore does not screen, edit, publish or review Comments prior to their appearance on the website and Comments do not reflect the views or opinions of The Norwegian Foodstore, its agents or affiliates. Comments reflect the view and opinion of the person who posts such view or opinion. To the extent permitted by applicable laws The Norwegian Foodstore shall not be responsible or liable for the Comments or for any loss cost, liability, damages or expenses caused and or suffered as a result of any use of and/or posting of and/or appearance of the Comments on this website.
- The Norwegian Foodstore reserves the right to monitor all Comments and to remove any Comments which it considers in its absolute discretion to be inappropriate, offensive or otherwise in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- You warrant and represent that:
- You are entitled to post the Comments on our website and have all necessary licenses and consents to do so;
- The Comments do not infringe any intellectual property right, including without limitation copyright, patent or trademark, or other proprietary right of any third party;
- The Comments do not contain any defamatory, libelous, offensive, indecent or otherwise unlawful material or material which is an invasion of privacy
- The Comments will not be used to solicit or promote business or custom or present commercial activities or unlawful activity.
- You hereby grant to The Norwegian Foodstore a non-exclusive royalty-free license to use, reproduce, edit and authorize others to use, reproduce and edit any of your Comments in any and all forms, formats or media.
Hyperlinking to our Content
- The following organizations may link to our Web site without prior written approval:
- Government agencies;
- Search engines;
- News organizations;
- Online directory distributors when they list us in the directory may link to our Web site in the same manner as they hyperlink to the Web sites of other listed businesses; and
- Systemwide Accredited Businesses except soliciting non-profit organizations, charity shopping malls, and charity fundraising groups which may not hyperlink to our Web site.
- These organizations may link to our home page, to publications or to other Web site information so long as the link: (a) is not in any way misleading; (b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement or approval of the linking party and its products or services; and (c) fits within the context of the linking party’s site.
- We may consider and approve in our sole discretion other link requests from the following types of organizations:
- commonly-known consumer and/or business information sources such as Chambers of Commerce, American Automobile Association, AARP and Consumers Union;
- dot.com community sites;
- associations or other groups representing charities, including charity giving sites,
- online directory distributors;
- internet portals;
- accounting, law and consulting firms whose primary clients are businesses; and
- educational institutions and trade associations.
We will approve link requests from these organizations if we determine that: (a) the link would not reflect unfavorably on us or our accredited businesses (for example, trade associations or other organizations representing inherently suspect types of business, such as work-at-home opportunities, shall not be allowed to link); (b)the organization does not have an unsatisfactory record with us; (c) the benefit to us from the visibility associated with the hyperlink outweighs the absence of The Norwegian Foodstore; and (d) where the link is in the context of general resource information or is otherwise consistent with editorial content in a newsletter or similar product furthering the mission of the organization.
These organizations may link to our home page, to publications or to other Web site information so long as the link: (a) is not in any way misleading; (b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement or approval of the linking party and it products or services; and (c) fits within the context of the linking party’s site.
If you are among the organizations listed in paragraph 2 above and are interested in linking to our website, you must notify us by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name, your organization name, contact information (such as a phone number and/or e-mail address) as well as the URL of your site, a list of any URLs from which you intend to link to our Web site, and a list of the URL(s) on our site to which you would like to link. Allow 2-3 weeks for a response.
Approved organizations may hyperlink to our Web site as follows:
- By use of our corporate name; or
- By use of the uniform resource locator (Web address) being linked to; or
- By use of any other description of our Web site or material being linked to that makes sense within the context and format of content on the linking party’s site.
No use of (cname)’s logo or other artwork will be allowed for linking absent a trademark license agreement.
Without prior approval and express written permission, you may not create frames around our Web pages or use other techniques that alter in any way the visual presentation or appearance of our Web site.
We shall have no responsibility or liability for any content appearing on your Web site. You agree to indemnify and defend us against all claims arising out of or based upon your Website. No link(s) may appear on any page on your Web site or within any context containing content or materials that may be interpreted as libelous, obscene or criminal, or which infringes, otherwise violates, or advocates the infringement or other violation of, any third party rights.
Reservation of Rights
We reserve the right at any time and in its sole discretion to request that you remove all links or any particular link to our Web site. You agree to immediately remove all links to our Web site upon such request. We also reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions and its linking policy at any time. By continuing to link to our Web site, you agree to be bound to and abide by these linking terms and conditions.
Removal of links from our website
If you find any link on our Web site or any linked web site objectionable for any reason, you may contact us about this. We will consider requests to remove links but will have no obligation to do so or to respond directly to you.
Whilst we endeavour to ensure that the information on this website is correct, we do not warrant its completeness or accuracy; nor do we commit to ensuring that the website remains available or that the material on the website is kept up to date.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions relating to our website and the use of this website (including, without limitation, any warranties implied by law in respect of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and/or the use of reasonable care and skill). Nothing in this disclaimer will:
- limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence;
- limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- limit any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or
- exclude any of our or your liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
The limitations and exclusions of liability set out in this Section and elsewhere in this disclaimer: (a) are subject to the preceding paragraph; and (b) govern all liabilities arising under the disclaimer or in relation to the subject matter of this disclaimer, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort (including negligence) and for breach of statutory duty.
To the extent that the website and the information and services on the website are provided free of charge, we will not be liable for any loss or damage of any nature.
If you have any queries regarding any of our terms, please contact us.